Yes, it’s Monday. And yes, CrossFit is here to keep things interesting. Made it in for an 8:30 class today with Coach Drea. We had a good crew – Alicia, Chris, Dave, and Melissa. And the sarcasm was out before we even got through the door!
We started with 2 minutes on the bike or rower and then did two warm-up sequences:
- 2 rounds
- 40 jumping jacks (with one of us counting out loud for the group – I was picked first and Melissa was picked next — I was glad we didn’t have to count in a foreign language!)
- 8 goblet squats (35# kb)
- 8 Cossack squats
- 8 groin stretches, each side
- 2 rounds
- 20 seconds of a partner hanging shoulder stretch (hang from the bar and your partner pushes you from behind, around the shoulder blades)
- 3 strict pull-ups
- 3 kip swings
From there we warmed up our power snatches and thrusters with an empty barbell before adding some weight. The workout specified a light weight today, which meant we were supposed to go FAST…
After that we talked about scaling options for toes to bar. I can hit t2b but I’m not efficient at them, so I did knees-to-elbows or hanging knee raises today instead. I hit a few t2b during the warm-up, but that was about it.
I had a plan. Break up the first three rounds and then try and do the single digit rounds unbroken. And I think I followed the plan pretty well, finishing in 18:05. We were shooting for 15-20 minutes, so I was right in there.
- Power snatches
- Toes-to-bar (hanging leg raises for Performance)
- Competitor: 75/55#, Performance 55/45#
Thing is I’m super tired now. 🙂 Time for a nap?!
Good work 8:30 class!