Usually my favorite day of the year, I’m struggling a bit today. So it was good to get some sweat in with our Continuum family before the holiday festivities start. We had a good 30 people in attendance, so it was great to see all the enthusiasm. 🙂
Jimmy had an interesting pairs workout for today. We started with a bit of the normal warm-up we’ve had this week and then did some air squat drills just to make sure we were ready for wall balls.
- The Hunt and Gather, 2 person teams
- The Hunt:
- For workout you will need
- 1 KB 53#/35#
- 1 45#/25# plate
- 1 Med Ball 20/14
- Scale weight as needed
- 20 MIN AMRAP
- At 3,2,1…GO Both Teammates will Run, Jog, walk 400 M with all equipment (kettlebell, plate, med ball) and then perform the following AMRAP triplet:
- The Meal
- 9 Wall balls
- 9 Box step overs w/plate
- 9 KBS
- ***Keep track of your rounds using poker chips. At the end of 20 Min count your poker chips and come see Jimmy for Desert
- Random movements will be given on cards that you and your partner must complete.
- The Hunt:
Mickey was my partner, so we did the workout with a 25# plate, a 14# medicine ball, and a 35# kettlebell, using a 20″ box for the step-overs.
Have to say we were not in a huge hurry to get the 400m done, but we got through nine full rounds of the workout before the 20 minutes were done. As our “dessert,” we ended up with 100 double-unders (200 single-unders) to complete, which we did outside (each of us took 100 singles).
It was great to see so many smiling faces both before and even after the workout. So great work Continuum family. And thanks for the workout Jimmy!
We wish everybody a very Happy Thanksgiving!