Morning folks. Managed workout #3 of the week today and came in for the 8:30 class with Ev & AJ. And we were far from alone. Coach Drea had a full house today: Connie, Matt & Abigail, Logan, Larry, Bri, Maria, Trey, Michael, and Ant. It was a hopping place.
Started with the warm-up for the week before going through a couple of things…
- First, I tested if I could do any strict HSPUs to a single mat today. Um. Nope! Pike push-ups for the duration. 🙂
- Second, we did a lot of sumo deadlift high pull warm-ups, which I could do.
Warmed up with a 75# SDHP before shifting to the 95# SDHP I’d be doing the workout with. And I did attempt one more strict HSPU on the wall before we started, but I couldn’t keep tension long enough to get all the way to the mat. I suspect it’s still range of motion on that one and some weak muscle groups.
But I was good to go with pike push-ups on the floor and some 95# SDHP. The workout was:
- 7-minute AMRAP
- Sumo Deadlift High-Pulls, 5 reps (95/65# performance, 55/35# fitness)
- Strict Handstand Push-ups, 3 reps (Performance) or 5 pike push-ups (fitness)
I used 95# on the bar for 5 SDHPs and did 5 pike push-ups on the floor.
So how’d we do?
- AJ got through 10 rounds plus 3 at 45# doing pike push-ups off a box
- Ev got through 9 rounds plus 6 at 65# with pike push-ups on the floor
- And I got through 8 rounds plus 3 at 95# with pike push-ups on the floor
Not too shabby. The place was definitely busy!
Got done with that, cleaned up and did a bit of mobility, and now we’re off to the races again. Hope everybody has a great Thanksgiving if we don’t see you!