After taking yesterday off as a rest day, I figured I’d be good to go for today. And though I woke up a bit sore, I decided I just needed to knock some of the rust off and get back into the box. So when Jonathan pinged me this morning to see if I was going to team WOD, he said he was afraid I was going to say that and told me to bring my jump rope. 🙂
We joined forces at Team Hulk Smash today. Seems the in-house comp will be moved back to April, but we wanted to share the crazy shirts we picked up for the event. Hulk Smash was in the house along with a TON of other folks. Ev worked with Karen behind us while Larry rode the assault bike gently after his knee surgery yesterday (we wish him a speedy recovery!), but there were people everywhere.
The list included (and I know I’m missing a few) – Jimmy & Drea, Isaac & Nancy, Matt & Abigail, Shaun & Stacy, Dan & Monica, Marino & Deana, Caleb & Megan, Katie, Kurt, Brent, Larry & Karen, Jonathan… and quite a few others. It was crazy!
We started with the week’s warm-up and then added some pigeon stretch and single-leg straight-legged deadlifts, plus some practice with the kettlebell swings and power cleans… but were pretty quickly off to the races:
- 5 Rd of 5 Min Amrap
- 30 Double-unders (60 singles)
- 20 KBS #55/#35
- 10 Power cleans #155/#105
- Rest 1 Min between each Round
Other than scaling to single-unders, we kept everything else as the workout was written. And as we worked through the workout, I realized quickly that perhaps 155# was a little much. 🙂
- Round 1: Jonathan did 10 double-unders and I did 40 singles, then we split up the 55# kbs and 155# power cleans. Made it through 1 full round + 50 reps (110)
- Round 2: Still a mix of Jonathan’s double-unders and my singles, but we got through 1 full round + 57 reps (117).
- Round 3: I did 60 singles while Jonathan tried to figure out what was going on with his doubles, and we did 1 full round + 59 reps (119).
- Round 4: We both did 30 singles and my cleans really started falling apart, but we made it through 2 full rounds (120).
- Round 5: More singles and cleans really were trashed. Jonathan did most of the last set of 10 cleans (I think I did 2, maybe 3) and hopped onto the rope for a few jumps. 2 full rounds + 6 reps (126).
- Total: 592 reps
I could have done singles and KBS forever. But those power cleans killed me towards the end. We’ll see how that affects any workouts this week. 🙂
Great work Jonathan! Thanks for partnering up as Team Hulk Smash today!