So there was a bit too much celebrating after getting 18.5 done last night. I won’t lie. Made getting up this morning a little rough!
However… Ev, AJ, and I headed into Continuum for today’s Team WOD and were not disappointed. We were joined by Drea & Jimmy, Lara, Bri, Vanessa, Brent, Steve, Mike, Nancy, Lisa, Megan & Evan, and a bunch of other folks. Was a good turnout after the night before!
We started with a little warm-up:
- 2 rounds
- 50 single-unders
- 10 PVC pass-thrus
- 10 light Kettlebell swings
- 10 light Kettlebell front squats
And then we did some skill work with burpees, sumo deadlift high pulls, and one or two other things. We were pretty ready to go by the time we were done.
The workout was in teams of 3:
- For time
- Run 800m carrying 45# plate
- 75x Wall balls
- 75x Burpees
- 75x Sumo deadlift high pull (95/65#)
- 150x Squats
- Row 1500m
Ev, AJ, and I made a team and swapped the row and run, choosing to start with the row and end with the “run.” And I have to say we did pretty well, finishing last at 30:42 but finishing.
- Wall balls were pretty consistent – 10# wall balls for Ev & AJ; 20# wall balls for me
- Burpees weren’t too bad for me – I felt able to bounce down and up with two legs each time, doing sets of 10 or 15
- SDHP was at 95# for me, 35# for AJ, and 55# for Ev. We did pretty well with these and I even did 5 extra reps because I lost track of where we were with numbers 🙂
- Squats were squats, knocking those out in sets of 20 or 30 was decent
- We split the row into three 500m rows and my rotation I think I was done in about 1:48 or so.
- The “run” was most definitely a leisurely stroll as we made our way around the 400m course twice, passing the weight back and forth as needed
And then afterwards we helped move everything away from the walls so they could repaint over the weekend. I look forward to seeing how it all turns out!
Great work everybody this morning! Was a fun workout that didn’t involve the rig or handstand push-ups. Bravo! 😉