Yesterday was another rest day, but I’m not sure even another day would have prepared me for today’s pull-fest workout! Made it in for the 8:30 WOD with Coach Drea, Dave, Janiece & Greg, Melissa S, Larry, Maria, and a nice new gal whose name I didn’t catch.
We started out by skipping the run (it was more than a little slick out in the building parking lot) and did:
- 10 push-ups
- 10 PVC good mornings
- 20 single-unders
- 30-60 seconds of double-under attempts (or 20 doubles) — no doubles were harmed during this time (I achieved exactly zero!)
- 30 seconds per side with a wall-based pectoral stretch
- and then 10 wall pectoral circles
After that we did some sumo deadlift high pull and pull-up practice. Though the SDHPs were light (only 75#), I was a little concerned about the high rep count we were doing, with the bar and at the rig. The rowing — not so much. I can usually do 1000m in 4-5 minutes so I wasn’t too worried about that.
- 3 rounds for time
- 1000m row (500m for Fitness)
- 50 SDHPs (or 40 for Performance, 20 for Fitness) (75/55#, 45/35# for Fitness)
- 25 pull-ups (or 20 for Performance, 10 ring rows for Fitness)
And yeah, it was every bit as rough as I thought. I finished the first round in about 9 minutes. As you might imagine, I slowed down after that. 🙂
Took me 35:15 to finish Performance level with the following tweaks. Due to the number of folks in the class (there were 8 of us) a few of us changed the order of the workout and then I scaled a bit in round 2…
- 3 rounds for time
- 20 pull-ups (10 pull-ups and 10 ring rows in rounds 2 & 3)
- 40 SDHPs @ 75#
- 1000m row
- Total time: 35:15
Yowza. My pull was shot after the first round — and it got worse from there. But I finished. That was the main thing.
Mentally I wasn’t quite in the right mood when I went in. Out of sorts after a rough night of sleep I guess, but I pushed through that and did what I could.
Thanks Drea! And great work everybody!