Hello Thursday. Home of workout #4 this week. Not sure if that’s good or bad, but I needed the endorphins again today so we’ll call it “good” I think. 🙂
Made it in for the 8:30 class with Ev. We had Coach Bill, Melissa, Carrie, and Logan. And Drea was there looking all official with her clipboard. 🙂
Started with the same warm-up we’ve been doing this week. Some parts felt better than others, but Bill commented that my frog looked particularly good today, so that was nice. Amazing what some consistent mobility work will do across the course of a week.
When that was done, we did a C2B-related movement involving a band on the rig and a PVC pipe, pulling it forward and down (facing away from the rig), before doing some jumping C2B practice. We were really focused on getting that push away from the bar and keeping the toes in front, more hollow body than superman position. Not sure I *got it*, but I did manage a few jumping C2B today, which was nice.
A little thruster practice and some rowing work went into the equation as well. And honestly, my hips and knees felt decent today, which was a nice change.
Today was what Bill called “Jackie on Steroids”
- 1,000-meter row
- 50 thrusters 45/35# (performance), 30 thrusters 35/25# (fitness)
- 20 chest-to-bar pull-ups (performance), 20 ring rows (fitness)
So instead of doing normal pull-ups, it was C2Bs. Second time we’ve done C2Bs this week. A little better for me today than earlier in the week, but not much. 🙂
We had one too many folks to have everybody on the rowers right away, so I waterfalled in when Logan was done and started about 4:30 on the clock. When all was said and done, I finished about 15:45, so finished in 11:15…
- 1,000m row in right at 4 minutes
- 50 thrusters @ 45# – bigger sets than normal, which was great. 15, 10, 10, 8, 7; had one break that went too long timewise, but felt like depth was good and repeated cues of “head through” from Bill ensured that I tried to get my head to a neutral position most of the time
- C2Bs is where I ran into issues; I did jumping C2B in sets of 1 or 2 until I hit 5 and then banged out 25 ring rows, which was 10 too many. 🙂
But I felt like I definitely pushed and kept moving, which was what I was hoping for. Even if I hadn’t done the extra 10 ring rows, I would have been a few seconds over 11 minutes and that’s great.
Ev finished in 10:32 with a 4:30 time for her 1000m row, 50x 35# thrusters, and 20 ring rows. Everybody was under 12 minutes today, which was awesome.
I’ll take it. Need to decide whether I’m taking a break tomorrow or not, but will base that on what the WOD looks like and how I’m feeling in the morning. May take a rest day and then be ready for gymnastics on Friday.
Great work 8:30 class!