My weekend was quite full. After being bribed into the box on Friday by AJ, I headed in on Saturday for team WOD with Ev. We were joined by a good group of folks and led by Coach Larry. As my fifth workout for the week, I have to say I was a little sore!
We warmed up with a similar warm-up from earlier in the week with two rounds of:
- (we may have done a 200m run as well)
- a 30 second squat hold
- 10 PVC passthrus
- 10 jumping squats (ugh!)
- 10 Spider-man crawls
- 10 scap push-ups
And then we divvied up into pairs. Ev paired up with KB. And I had fun with Caleb. We started with a pairs deadlift, so I was a little concerned. 🙂 We started out with our own barbell, but dropped it in favor of using fewer bars and sharing more weights with Nick and Brent.
We took 10 minutes to establish a 3 rep max team deadlift. And I have to say — I was reluctant to know how many pounds of weight were on the bar. But by the end, we lifted 585# off the ground three times. Singles, not touch and go, but still – I was impressed. I don’t think I’ve ever looked at a bar with that much weight on it, let alone picked it up!
From there, we took off with the 25 minute AMRAP:
- for 25 minutes, one partner jumps rope (50 doubles or 150 singles) or runs 200m while the other does max reps at whatever activity it happens to be – then the partners switch
- Pull-ups and jump rope
- Box jumps (30/24″ prescribed, but we mostly did 20″ and 24″) and running
- Push press (115/85#) and jump rope
- Sit-ups and running
- Squat cleans (115/85#) and jump rope
- Burpees and running
We started with box jumps because there were quite a few folks on the rig when we started. And it went like this:
- (Me/Caleb) 20 20″ box jumps and he did 12 (ran 200m)
- 15 push press, he did 25 (150 single-unders took longer than it should have for me!)
- 31 sit-ups, he did 39 (ran 200m)
- 6 squat cleans and he did 12 (150 singles were a bit better here)
- 12 burpees and he did 28 (I was damn slow running at this point)
- 15 pull-ups and he did 15 as well (150 singles)
- — so that was one round and we started the next, with less than 5 minutes to go
- 15 step-ups for me and he did 25 box jumps (another slow run)
- 7 push press (damn the bar was heavy) and he did 13 (150 singles)
That was a full 25 minutes. Ran 800m and walked/ran 800m, and singles got easier as I got more tired. Hopefully I didn’t slow Caleb down too much!
When we were done, we ended up going to my 30 year high school reunion and I was surprised to say that most folks didn’t think I changed at all. 🙂 But I was glad we got in a workout ahead of time — because we definitely didn’t on Sunday!
Great work Saturday folks!