I’m happy to say I *did* get a workout in yesterday and the rest of the day just kind of slipped away from me after that… so here we are today playing catch up.
So I headed in with Ev for the 8:30 class with Coach Drea and we were joined by KB, Melissa, and Logan. It was a fun group, as always!
We started with the same warm-up as we did on Monday, but I was much more careful not to go overboard this time. I think that was one of the reasons my right shoulder was so ticked off at the end of Monday’s workout – so I scaled a bit.
- 200m run became a 250m row
- 15 GHD sit-ups became 15 abmat sit-ups
- 10 strict pull-ups became about 6 strict pull-ups
- 10 strict ring dips became about 6 strict ring dips
- 10 reverse lunges with overhead reach (Samson reach) I think I actually did 10
- 10 PVC passthroughs
- 10 PVC overhead squats
- 10 band pull-aparts became about 8
From there we dove quickly into the movements, doing skill work with an unloaded bar for power snatches, snatch balance, and full squat snatches. And then it was time to load up to the bar to our first working weight!
- Power Snatch
- 65# x3 (Warm-up)
- 75# x3
- 95# x3
- 105# x3
- 115# x3
- 125# x3 (UGLY)
- Snatch Balance
- 65# x2
- 75# x2
- 95# x2
- 105# x2
- 115# x2
- Squat Snatches
- 95# x1 – this one was UGH with a frog hop at the bottom
- 95# x1 – better
- 115# – FAIL
- 115# x1
- 115# x1
So how did these numbers compare to my old PRs? HA!
- Snatch – 145# back in August 2015 – not quite
- Hang Power Snatch – did three at 115# on Monday, so 125# power snatches was pretty good
- Snatch balance – 95# x3 back in October 2017 – definitely bettered this one
- Squat Snatch – 145# back in August 2015 (didn’t even get close to this one)
Not awful really. Better in some places and worse in others. About par. 🙂
It was a fun morning, so who am I to complain.
Today though – it’s definitely a rest day. I’m still feeling all those heavy wall balls from Tuesday! Geez!