It’s Tuesday, but don’t let that fool you. I did get a workout in yesterday. Went in last night for a 4:45 class with Ev and this morning for the 8:30 class. That’s two workouts in less than 18 hours. Kind of did that over the weekend between 18.1 and Kiana’s WOD too. Not sure how wise it is, but I’m still moving so we’ll count it. 🙂
So this post will be in two parts… Last night and today.
Monday morning was messed up, but we had the potential to work in a 4:45 workout yesterday afternoon. So I went in with Ev for a class with Coach Isaac.
When we got there, Isaac & Jordan were both doing 18.1, so we cheered them on and warmed up a bit. By the end, Isaac was pretty wiped out (he’d been sick a few days) but he recovered a bit and was able to lead us through the warm-up and WOD.
We were definitely not alone either… Pretty good crowd – Jonathan, Katie, Deana & Marino, Karen, Jake, Steve, and Shaun. As you might imagine, there was a lot of good natured banter. 🙂
The warm-up was a new one…
- lunge reaches
- I’s, Y’s and T’s on the floor, face down
- single-unders (running ones HA!)
- side planks
We did a little warm-up with the movements of the day – the push press and the power clean. But pretty much we jumped right in.
- 21-15-9 reps for time of:
- Push presses
- Power cleans
- 12-9-6 reps
When putting some weight on the bar, 95# felt pretty good but 115# was a bit hinky after 18.1, so I decided to go with the Performance reps with the Fitness weight.
- Push press & power cleans
We were shooting for 8-10 minutes. I was just shooting for finishing and continuing to move. 🙂
I finished in 6:44. Just a wee bit under the 8 minute goal. 🙂 So I probably should have upped the weight to 105#. 🙂
Ev moved pretty well herself, doing 21-15-9 with 65# on the bar and finishing in 6:16.
It’s very rare I finish UNDER the time they want us to shoot for, so I was quite happy with both our scores. 🙂
Today was a bit more normal for me, so I could squeak into an 8:30 class with Coach Drea. We had another great group though, with Caleb, Melissa, Logan, and Dave.
We did the same warm-up as last night, but added more single-under and double-under practice as well as some bear crawls, pike push-ups banded shoulder work, and banded good mornings. Once all that was done, we did a little rowing work, talked about HSPUs and rope climbs, and then tackled the workout.
- 3 rounds for time:
- 21-cal. row
- 9 handstand push-ups
- 2 rope climbs, 15-ft. rope
- 15-cal. row
- 12 push-ups
- 3 lay-to-stand rope climbs
This one got a little hairy in spots (*cough* HSPUs *cough*) but my version of the workout became:
- 3 rounds for time
- 21 calorie row
- 9 kipping handstand push-ups (or as many as I could do before dropping to pike push-ups)
- 2 attempts to jump and lock feet on the rope and 2 lay-to-stands
I was not fast. Finished in 13:06.
- Rows went well. I finished 21 calories in 1:01, 1:20, and 1:31
- HSPUs – did 5 and 4 in the first round, 5 plus 4 pike push ups in the second, and 2 plus 7 pike push ups in the third
- rope climbs went pretty well – getting better at locking my feet. just have to make it a bit more sturdy so I can stand and pull myself up to the top. getting there a little at a time
Slow and steady today. I’ll take it. 🙂
So there you have it… Two days in one. Woot! Thanks Isaac & Drea for the fun classes. Great work folks!