Some days are better than others. Mondays are hit and miss these days, but today was definitely a bit of a miss. Messing with the nutritional side of things has left me hanging today. Next time will be better, I’m sure.
Went in at 8:30 with AJ and we joined Coach Drea for a class. Larry & Karen, KB, and Logan joined us for a merry band of six.
Started with 2 minutes of row or bike (I rowed) and then did:
- 15 banded pull-aparts
- Push up to side plank – 5 per side (these were kind of fun)
- 10 jumping squats
- 30 sec reverse grip hang from bar (definitely a challenge – right shoulder didn’t like stress from that direction)
- 30 sec banded Samson stretch
- 30 sec front rack stretch
From there it was all about warming up for the squats. Empty barbells were used for elbow mobility, hips and knees, getting everything moving. And then we broke up and added weight. There were enough racks for all of us to get one except for Karen & AJ who paired up.
So here’s how it went today…
Warmed up with: 135# x5 and 155# x3
- Then did 10×1 Front Squats
- 215# – was very ugly and decided to stay here
- 215# – fail – dropped
- 205# – still felt heavy
- 210# – still felt heavy
- 215# – couldn’t convince my body to get under it and stopped
To give you some context… My old 1RM is 245#. I matched that back in January. My body simply wasn’t working that heavy today. It was over my current body weight, so I guess that’s something – but still I was a little disappointed.
Maybe I’m getting old or something? Nah.
On the other side of the room, AJ (now age 13) managed to do a 135# front squat, which is a 10# PR increase for her. She did awesome working with Karen and Drea was right there with her.
So it was an ok day I guess. Beats sitting at my desk. 🙂