Hello, Tuesday. The day of the week has the word “day” in it, so it must be time for another workout. 🙂
Made it in for the 8:30 class with Coach Drea. AJ went with me and we joined Larry, John, Todd & Melissa, and their friend Ben for the day. We did the same warm-up as yesterday and then went through a few other warm-up bits:
- kipping on the rig, working up to chest to bars
- wall ball work, starting with med ball front squats and push presses, working into full wall ball shots
- kettle bell swings – first to eye level, then higher, then fully overhead
And then we hit the WOD…
- 20 minute AMRAP of:
- 5 chest-to-bar pull-ups
- 10 wall-ball shots, 20/14# ball
- 15 kettlebell swings, 1.5 pood/1 pood kettlebell
- 5 pull-ups
- 10 wall-ball shots, 14/10# ball
- 15 kettlebell swings, 1 pood/12 kg kettlebell
- 5 ring rows
- 10 wall-ball shots, 8/4# ball
- 15 kettlebell swings, 12 kg/8 kg kettlebell
So… I had some issues with this one.
- I did C2B pull-ups throughout, only missing on a few and at least brushing the front of my chest with the bar if not thumping it pretty solidly. Did the first 5 pretty well and it fell after that, with sets of 3 and 2 or 2-2-and-1
- Wall balls were the bigger issue after yesterday’s workout. Quads and knees were a little annoyed with me. Plus the ball I used was a red 20# medicine ball that was far too slick to hang on to for many reps. I dropped it a bunch. Broke up sets in odd places.
- And KBS were consistent for a few rounds (15 unbroken with a 55# kettlebell) but got to me after a while to the point where I broke it into sets of 8 and 7 in the last couple of rounds.
- Through it all, breathing was tough. Not sure which movement set me off, but it was definitely a struggle to settle things. Breaks got longer and more frequent.
How’d I do? Finished 5 full rounds, plus 5 c2b and 5 wall balls as time ran out. We were supposed to be in the 7-10 round range and I simply didn’t make that today.
That said, I did do it at Competitor level (Rx) instead of scaling today so that may have been part of it. Even so, it was a good workout with a great mix of push, pull, and squat throughout. I was happy just to keep moving and finish the 20 minutes!
I think everybody else kicked butt, getting it into that 7-10 round range – so great work folks!