Today was workout #4 of the week. I wasn’t sure how well I was going to do, to be honest, but was going to give it a shot — especially since it’s the only workout of the week I get with Ev!
Made it in for the 8:30 WOD and we had a great group – Coach Lara had a full house. Me & Ev, Bill, KB, Todd, and Valerie. And, as per usual, there was a lot of fun. 🙂
We started with an interesting warm-up in two parts.
- Part 1
- 3 rds:
- :20 sec work/:10 sec rest
- Jumping jacks
- Mountain climbers
- Part 2
- 2 rds:
- 25 banded pull-aparts
- 25 banded good mornings
- :45 sec/side banded front-rack stretch
No Riverdance today, and that was fine by me. 🙂 And when we were done with that we went through some skill work for power cleans. Deadlifts, shrugs, muscle clean, hang power clean, full power clean… with an empty bar and then adding some weight.
I warmed up with 75#, 95#, and 115# — and pondered 125# but decided it was in my best interests to stay at 115#. I’m glad I did.
The workout was gnarly.
- 3 rounds for max reps:
- Power clean for 30 seconds, rest 30 seconds
- Power clean for 25 seconds, rest 35 seconds
- Power clean for 20 seconds, rest 40 seconds
- Power clean for 15 seconds, rest 45 seconds
- Power clean for 10 seconds, rest 50 seconds
- There is no rest between rounds.
- Competitor weight: 155/105#
- Performance weight: 115/80#
- Fitness weight: 65/45# (and only 2 rounds)
I stayed at 115# throughout the workout — and I have to say, my form was all over the place. Rounded shoulders were bad today. But I managed…
- Round 1 – 10, 10, 6, 6, 4 (36)
- Round 2 – 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 (30)
- Round 3 – 7, 5, 4, 3, 4 (23)
- Total: 89
I was so dead at the end, I added things up to 79, but my wife was kind enough to point out my mistake when we were talking in the car. 🙂 Really I was laying on the floor watching the room spin as I got my breathing under control again. Crossfit cough wasn’t far behind.
Ev managed to get through 84 reps at 75#, so she wasn’t far behind me. 🙂 I think I heard that Bill managed over 110 reps at 155#, which is crazy. But we were shooting for 80-100 reps and I was right in that pocket, so I’ll take it.
Tomorrow is a rest day and then I’ll get in for team WOD on Saturday. Maybe I’ll even hit the gymnastics class if they have it. We’ll see how crazy I feel. 🙂
Great work 8:30 class and thanks Lara for the encouragement!