Though soccer season is in full swing for both girls and our eldest was performing in the high school production of Emma this weekend, somehow the stars aligned and we made it into Crossfit Continuum to do a team workout this morning. Crazy!
There were probably 20 of us or so today attempting to get through Coach Clare’s innocent looking workout. Innocent and it kicked our butts!
Ev and I teamed up with Robert, who was back after a few months of rehab on his shoulder which was repaired. And AJ teamed up with the boys for a team of 4. And we all completed the madness.
Started with a fun warm-up where everybody was giving everybody else a bit of good-natured grief. Knee hugs. High kicks. Spider-man lunges. Arm rotations. Broad jumps. It was a good mix of movements to start us off in the right direction.
And then we faced Clare’s workout.
- Teams of 3, for time
- For each round, athlete 1 completes 75 DU, while athletes 2 & 3 each complete one of the other movements. When athlete 1 is finished with the DU’s, rotate through the movements until each athlete has completed each movement.
- Buy in: 50 synchronized lunges
- Round 1 – 75 DU, OHS 95/65#, KBS 53/35#
- Round 2 – 75 DU, SDHP 95/65#, med ball sit ups 20/14#
- Round 3 – 75 DU, front squat 95/65#, C2B
- Round 4 – 75 DU, push press 95/65#, wall balls 20/14#
- Cash out – 1500m row or 7 min assault bike
This shouldn’t have been bad, right? I mean… light weights. Only doing a movement as long as someone was jumping rope. Simple!
We adjusted things slightly. Though Robert did DU’s, Ev and I did single-unders and we all stuck with the 65# bar (ostensibly to protect Robert’s shoulder, but honestly it was because 95# didn’t sound all that fun).
We were done in about 29 or so minutes. Others were done much faster. And a few were slower than us. So honestly I think we did ok.
A few things:
- lunges suck for me, regardless of weight or not.
- OHS were awkward, but other than them and C2B, I got at least 10-20 of each movement done in the time given.
- I may have accomplished 10 OHS, but they weren’t good ones.
- I hit 3 jumping C2B pull-ups from the floor and was happy about it.
And then we turned around and drove north to a soccer game for AJ. I’m ready for a nap now, so I can only imagine that she is as well. 🙂
Thanks Clare for a fun one. And thanks Robert for joining Ev & I for the workout!