Yesterday was not a good day. If it could go wrong, it probably did. And I didn’t fit in a workout.
But I did get about a 1.5 mile walk in and go through my first round with my new Crossover Symmetry setup in the basement. I’m hopeful that it will help stabilize my shoulders and keep them a bit happier in the long run.
If you need some info about the Crossover Symmetry folks, they have a great “What is Crossover Symmetry?” page that offers a good deal of information.
And that brings me to today.
I thought I had a meeting that was going to push my workout by an hour, but it turned out that was next week. So huzzah! I was able to go with my wife. We went to the 8:30 class with Coach Drea and joined Lisa and Ashley for a pretty laid back day at the box.
Started with a 500m row and then did three rounds of 20 seconds each of:
- PVC pass-thrus
- PVC snatch balance
- PVC overhead squat
From there we moved to some snatch balance warm-ups with an empty barbell and then to the workout itself. We had 20 minutes to get through:
- Snatch Balance – 3-3-3-3-3
I went through this progression:
- 45# x3
- 65# x3
- 75# x3
- 75# x3
- 95# x3
- 95# x3
- 115# x3
I did an extra round of 3 but felt like I wanted to push upwards a bit more on the weight. My 115# reps were a bit awkward. I’m still struggling with my feet and stabilizing overhead. But I was happy with my second set of 95#.
Once that was done, we did some skill work… Max effort for a few things.
- Max effort Strict pull-ups (should be L-sit pull-ups but I’m still struggling with Strict) – managed to get 5 in one set and 3 in another
- Max effort handstand shoulder taps became simply rocking back and forth to try and get my hands off the floor, which I managed to do 4x. I still can’t convince my body to put all my weight on one arm so I have to work on that more.
- Max effort regular pull-ups – tried one set and managed 10 kipping pull-ups
- Max effort handstand hold on the wall – stayed up for 1:05.
Not too bad. I felt like today was better than the sprints on Tuesday and was laughing at myself, so the endorphins were definitely welcome in my system.
And Ev managed to kick up (with a little help) onto the wall and hold a handstand there for about 5 seconds. It was awesome!
Great work everybody and thanks Drea! Have a great day!