Somehow this week has been all about shoving things over my head or hanging from something over my head. Why is that? 🙂
Today I made it in for an 8:30 class with the whole Fitzy clan. Coach Drea had a huge mess of folks to deal with. The four of us plus Joseph, Bri, Vivien, Carrie, Larry, Jenny & her daughter, Danielle, and Connie. The whole place was hopping.
We started with some couch stretch on the wall and then moved to foam rollers to get loosened up a bit. Once we were done there, we moved on to some double-under practice and then thruster practice with an empty barbell. My wrists were bugging me a bit, so I quickly grabbed my Handband Pros to use as wrist wraps today. That actually made a big difference and I wish I had used them on Tuesday when we were doing all the overhead stuff – I bet they would have helped.
Once we started adding weight, things got interesting. Drea wanted us to get fairly heavy and uncomfortable today with our thruster weight. I started with 75#, then went to 95#, bumped up to 115# and then Drea had me go up to 125#. I probably could have done 135# but would have been a little slower. 10# below Rx wasn’t too bad however, so I was happy.
What was the workout? For time:
- 135/95# (Rx) or 95/65# (Level 1) thrusters, 10 reps
- 50 double-unders (or singles for Level 1)
- 135/95# (Rx) or 95/65# (Level 1) thrusters, 8 reps
- 40 double-unders (or singles for Level 1)
- 135/95# (Rx) or 95/65# (Level 1) thrusters, 6 reps
- 30 double-unders (or singles for Level 1)
- 135/95# (Rx) or 95/65# (Level 1) thrusters, 4 reps
- 20 double-unders (or singles for Level 1)
- 135/95# (Rx) or 95/65# (Level 1) thrusters, 2 reps
- 10 double-unders (or singles for Level 1)
The goal, if we were good at the thruster weight and double unders, was supposed to be 6 minutes or under. Hahaha! For the rest of us mortals, it was 10 minutes. I could shoot for that one. 🙂
So with 125# on the bar and single-unders in my wheel house, I tackled the workout. Somehow I managed to finish in 8:03. I was quite pleased with that. So was Drea. 🙂
How’d the rest of the Fitzy’s do?
- Mickey – 7:03 with 55# on the bar and singles
- AJ – 6:25 with a 35# bar and singles
- Ev – 10:02 with 85# and double the singles
There were quite a few folks who did it and finished in that 6-8 minute range. And a few that finished right around 10 minutes. Everybody kicked butt.
As I said, the place was hopping!
And it looked like the 9:30 class with Shauna, Tionne, Dan, Monica, and a bunch of other folks was going to be just as hopping. So I hope they did well!
Thanks for pushing me Drea and great work everybody! Hope you have a fantastic rest of your day!
I think I’m taking tomorrow as a rest day (4 days straight of workouts requires a bit of rest) before tackling the 12 days of Christmas workout on Saturday. It’s gonna be a doozy, I’m sure.