Yesterday was Veteran’s Day and honestly every day we should pay our respects to the men and women who put their lives on the line to ensure the freedoms we enjoy in our country. Thank you for your service – past, present, and future.
Though I did not take part in yesterday’s workout for Veteran’s Day, I kind of feel like today’s workout was a continuation of it. And I’m not ashamed to say that it kicked my butt.
Mickey and I arrived early, but were joined by a great turnout of folks. Coach Isaac started us off with a 400m jog and then we milled about looking for partners. I was lucky enough to work with Jimmy and Brent today, so thanks guys. 🙂
Today’s workout was 2 rounds for time with teams of 2 (or 3 in our case):
- 30 Cleans (135/95lb)
- 60 Toes to Bar
- 60 Box Jumps (24/20)
- 30 Muscle-Ups (scale 30 pull ups)
- 60 Push Press (135/95lb)
- 60 DUs
- 30 Thrusters (135lb/95lb)
- 60 Pull Ups
- 60 Burpees
- 100m Overhead Walking Lunges (45lb plate/25lb plate)
We scaled the workout a bit.
- 115# on the bar and Brent used a kettle bell for one-armed variants of the barbell movements – I went to a 35# kettle bell for the last round of thrusters when my shoulder quit
- Knee raises or t2b on the ground if we couldn’t do T2B
- 24″ step-ups or 24″ box jumps
- chest-to-bar pull-ups, regular kipping pull-ups, butterfly pull-ups, or ring-rows instead of muscle-ups
- double the single-unders instead of double-unders
- Brent used a kettle-bell for the overhead walking lunges and I did some with a 45# plate on my back or no plate at all
And wow. It was a challenge. I think the combination of pull-ups and burpees and thrusters and push press was what threw my left shoulder into a tailspin. But except for the walking lunges I think I kept moving with scaled movements through the whole thing.
We finished with the three of us in about 54 minutes.
There were a couple of points where the room was spinning for me. Not my favorite feeling in the world.
But we did it. Thank you Jimmy & Brent for putting up with my slow butt. 🙂
Mickey and Kaila worked together, using a 45/35# bar for a while and shifting to 15# when that didn’t work. They were done in around 53 minutes I think.
They did awesome. So did everyone else. It was a great turnout today!
Hope everybody has a great day!!