Though I didn’t make it into Crossfit Continuum yesterday to do Fran as the next part of the In the Zone challenge, I did spend a good chunk of the day dreading it. That was a pretty good way to get a mental workout, but it didn’t help with my physical self. So I was happy when work conspired to actually let me attend a noon workout today when a meeting got canceled at the last minute.
Today we’re in another round of strength training, which was nice.
I got to work out with Coach Drea and we had a good mix of folks milling about. Shaun and Marino, Andy and Andrea, and myself were actually in the noon class. And Jimmy, Logan, and Bill were wrapping up their workout that ended a little bit before I got there.
We started with a 800m run or 1,000m row. I opted for the row. And then we jumped right into the day’s agenda…
- Deadlifts 1×5@75%, 1×5@80%, 1×5@85%, 1×5@80%, 1×5@75%
- Bench Press 1×5@75%, 1×5@80%, 1×5@85%, 1×5@80%, 1×5@75%
But it was the “abdominal accessory work” afterwards that was the most entertaining… 3 super sets of
- 10 bent-over-rows with a barbell
- 15 GHD sit-ups (or weighted abmat sit-ups)
- 20 hip extensions on the GHD or good mornings with the barbell
- 25 glute bridges with the barbell
- Rest as needed
So how’d I do? Not horrible once I got going…
- Deadlifts – 225#, 255#, 285# (my one rep is 335# so I really did 67%, 76%, and 85%, but it was close enough)
- Bench press – 95#, 125#, 155# (my one rep is 205# so I really did 46%, 61%, and 75%, but I’m still getting the hang of bench press after not doing it much since high school)
- And 2 sets of the accessory work with 75# on the bar. I even did a handful (5) of GHD sit-ups – I just ran out of time at the end
By then my hour was up and I had to head home to get back to work and pick up kids… It was fun. 🙂
Tomorrow however I have to tackle Fran… 21-15-9 of 95# thrusters and pull-ups. Supposedly below a 5 minute time. HA! I bet it might be closer to 7 or 8, but we’ll see.
Anyway… Great work everybody!